Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Smoking Cheese on my Hasty-Bake Gourmet

I smoked a little over 28 pounds of cheese on my Hasty-Bake Gourmet and it came out great. 

 photo IMG_1441.jpg

This is the cheese I started with for this smoke. I had some Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, Swiss, Colby Jack, Gouda, Farmers Cheese, Dubliner, and my favorite which is the "Three Alarm" Cheese.

 photo IMG_1442.jpg

Prepping the cheese for smoking.

 photo IMG_1444.jpg

This 28.37 pounds is about all I can fit in the cooker.

 photo IMG_1445.jpg

I have a pan of ice under my cheese to help hold the temperature that I want to run in the cooker for this treat. Never over 80 degrees in the cooker for the best results.

 photo IMG_1446.jpg

My fire was 5 all hardwood briquets with a piece of hickory over it for my smoke.

 photo IMG_1448.jpg

My Gourmet just doing it's thing on this cool morning.

 photo IMG_1449.jpg

Just out of my Hasty-Bake Gourmet and ready to be run thru the vacuum pack machine.

I smoked this batch of cheese for 115 minutes.

 photo IMG_1450.jpg

Vacuum packing the cheese.

 photo IMG_1451.jpg

My 28 pounds of smoked cheese vacuumed packed and ready for the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment