Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Triple Dipped Beer Battered Chicken Drumsticks in a Air Fryer

This is a pretty good version of chicken legs in the air fryer and I have about figured out the best way to do them where they are about as good as done in a charcoal or wood fired cooker. 

I know Tom (Let"s Talk BBQ) has been working on the chicken legs as well in his air fryer so this might go good with all his efforts. His you tube videos on the chicken legs got me interested in trying this cook. 

 photo IMG_1233.jpg

Served with some potatoes and gravy, sliced tomatoes, and some cole slaw.

 photo IMG_1234.jpg

Not quite as good as deep fried but pretty close. It was juicy and the breading came out crunchy.

 photo IMG_1225.jpg

First bowl is plain beer, second bowl is a flour and spice mix, and third bowl is my beer batter consisting of beer, egg yolks, flour, and spices. The drumsticks were dipped in the beer first, flour mix next, beer batter next, and then back into the flour mix and placed on a plate.

 photo IMG_1226.jpg

I didn't want to have to turn them so I loaded just 6 pieces and that left enough room around the pieces to allow some of the heat to go thru and bounce off of the bottom to cook the lower part of my drumsticks. Worked well.

 photo IMG_1228.jpg

The drumsticks went into the fridge for about two hours to give time for the breading to set up on the meat.

 photo IMG_1229.jpg

Loaded for the cook.

 photo IMG_1230.jpg]

Just about done in the NuWave 10 quart air fryer. Cooked at 400 degrees for about 28 minutes.

 photo IMG_1231.jpg

Not as brown as I wanted but I think they still look good.


No comments:

Post a Comment