Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Jalapeno Links, Caramelized Onions, & Buffalo Hot Cauliflower

 photo IMG_1204.jpg

This is another cook on my new NuWave Air Fryer that didn’t come out as well as I expected. It still made a pretty good meal but I am sure I can do better. 

 photo IMG_1197.jpg

I sliced up a medium onion and a red bell pepper and then dribbled on a couple of teaspoons of olive oil and a generous portion of sea salt and mixed it up and placed it into the cooker. Set the cooker at 300 degrees and the timer at 25 minutes and turned it loose. 

 photo IMG_1198.jpg

I stirred them about 3-4 times and they got done just fine but did not brown like I wanted. Kinda funny as I can brown this item in a cast iron skillet with just the salt and no oil. 

 photo IMG_1199.jpg

Put a little olive oil and my sausage links and placed them on my Grill Grates in the cooker. 

 photo IMG_1200.jpg

Set the temperature at 370 and the timer at 17 minutes. Turned them once and slightly overcooked the links. Wanted an internal of 165 degrees and they came off at about 185 degrees. 

 photo IMG_1201.jpg

The plated jalapeno links. 

 photo IMG_1203.jpg

Next up was the Buffalo Hot Cauliflower and all I did to them was to spray a little olive oil on them. Set the temperature at 360 and cooked them 17 minutes. 

 photo IMG_1205.jpg

Served the sausage with some mustard and some more jalapenos slices on a large hot dog bun. Added a salad and some hot potato chips and called it a meal. 


It was ok but I can only give this one a C minus as it needs a a little work and a more attentive operator to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment