Friday, November 17, 2017

Lasagna on the Cobb Supreme

I tried some more baking on my new Cobb Supreme and it came out quite well. 

 photo IMG_1031.jpg

I added a couple slices of tomatoes and a slice of garlic bread and it made a fine meal.

 photo IMG_1033.jpg

Lasagna is one of my favorite meals.

 photo IMG_1023.jpg

I used about a 1-1/4 pound of my homemade Italian sausage, some burger, onions, garlic, sauce, spices. and a little water. The cheese mix was ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, and eggs. I used the oven ready lasagna noodles. Added some pepperoni to the top of my treat.

 photo IMG_1024.jpg

Ready to go on the cooker.

 photo IMG_1026.jpg

Got my bake started very early this morning to beat the rain.

 photo IMG_1029.jpg

My Supreme always seems to run a little hotter than my Premier so for most cooks, I close off some of the exhaust vents to control the temperature. I wanted to run about 350F degrees measured on the cooking or baking surface so I closed of half or 4 of the vent holes.

 photo IMG_1027.jpg

A 9X13 baking pan just fits the cooker and this picture shows the lasagna done at 170F degrees internal. I used 14 all hardwood briquets and the bake took one hour.

 photo IMG_1030.jpg

Cooling down for serving.


I think that this larger Cobb Supreme does bake a little better than the standard Cobb grill. I will try a pizza next to see just how well it does at a higher baking temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment