Wednesday, October 11, 2017

New Cobb Supreme / Hot Buffalo Wings

The next cook in my New Cobb Supreme were some scorching hot chicken wings. 

 photo IMG_0987.jpg

Now, would you believe that I had this for breakfast. A fellow needs a good solid breakfast with juice and some meat!

 photo IMG_0988.jpg

I like the hot Buffalo wings breaded as I can get much more hot sauce on them this way. These wings were sauced 4 times during the cook.

 photo IMG_0974.jpg

Used an egg and milk wash and the breading consisted of black,red, and white pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and a mix of corn meal and flour.

 photo IMG_0975.jpg

I like to bread the wings and then place them in the fridge for about an hour before the cook. Gives the breading time to set up a little before the fire.

 photo IMG_0976.jpg

You think that Supreme doesn't cook evenly?? Just look how nice the wings are cooked just before we started applying the hot sauce.
I used 14 all hardwood briquets for this cook and it took about an hour to get the wings done.

 photo IMG_0978.jpg

My sauce mix includes some Frank's Hot Sauce, some melted butter, 1/8 cup honey, 1/8 cup rooster, 4 TBL Tabasco, and about 1 TBL of ground cayenne pepper.

 photo IMG_0980.jpg

Ready to come off of the Cobb Supreme as they are done.

 photo IMG_0986.jpg


Now that's a beautiful plate of hot wings in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment