Sunday, September 17, 2017

Tijuana Surprise on the Cobb Grill

 photo IMG_0560.jpg

This is an easy treat to do on the Cobb grill and it is very good. I like to serve it with some chips and salsa.

 photo IMG_0546.jpg

For the meat, I used about a pound of burger, a small onion chopped, a packet of taco seasoning mix, 2/3 cup water, and about 10 oz of taco sauce. 
9-12 six inch flour tortillas
about 2- 3 cups cheddar cheese
16oz can refried beans
1-1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup green onions
can sliced black olives
ground cayenne pepper

 photo IMG_0547.jpg

Started with about 6 tortillas and then added half of my burger mix.

 photo IMG_0549.jpg

Added about a cup of cheese and then three more tortillas.

 photo IMG_0550.jpg]

I then spread on about 3/4th of the can of refried beans and then spread on the sour cream.

 photo IMG_0551.jpg

Added the green onions and black olives.

 photo IMG_0552.jpg

Added three more tortillas and then the balance of the meat.

 photo IMG_0553.jpg

Last was about 2 cups of cheddar cheese.

 photo IMG_0554.jpg

Ready for the fire.

 photo IMG_0555.jpg

I used 13 all hardwood briquets for this bake and also used the dome extension to get my treat up a little farther from the fire.

 photo IMG_0556.jpg

The start of the bake.

 photo IMG_0557.jpg

Done on the grill. Took about 55 minutes to get it done and I was running about 250F degrees.

 photo IMG_0558.jpg

First slice just cut out of my Mexican treat.

 photo IMG_0561.jpg


Made a fine lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment