Sunday, September 17, 2017

Fried Salmon Patties, Corn Pone, Fried Okra, Cobb Grill

 photo IMG_0722.jpg

This cook was done on my Cobb Grill using the larger charcoal basket that comes with the Cobb BBQ Kit. I also used the Cobb Wok or Stainless steel frying pan. The lid I used for the pan is an off the shelf item. 

I loaded 18 all hardwood briquets into my small Weber charcoal chimney and let them grey over before pouring them into the Cobb. I also had to add 6 more cold briquets to the fire later on into the cook to complete my cook. 

I wanted a medium hot (375-425) skillet for this cook. 

 photo IMG_0712.jpg

This was my setup for this cook. 

 photo IMG_0709.jpg

Poured a little bacon grease into my pan and let it heat up and then poured my corn pone batter into the skillet and just fried them until they were done. Love to hear that crackle when the batter hits the hot bacon fat! I know I have arrived! 

The recipe used for my fried corn bread contains course ground cornmeal from the Po-Farm and sweet buttermilk so you know it was good. 

 photo IMG_0711.jpg

Next up was the salmon patties and they were fried in a little olive oil. The recipe used here contains the salmon, minced onions, dried bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, couple eggs, and spices. 

 photo IMG_0715.jpg

My breaded and frozen Okra slices came right out of a box purchased at my local Kroger store. I just browned the up a little and they were ready to eat.

 photo IMG_0716.jpg

The results of the cook. 

 photo IMG_0719.jpg

These corn pones are a treat in themselves. Add some honey, or maybe sorghum, or even butter any you can make a meal out of them. I love them with some sausage gravy poured over the top. 

 photo IMG_0720.jpg

This was a very good salmon recipe and one of the better recipes I have used for this treat. 

 photo IMG_0721.jpg

Breaded and fried Okra is one of the better side dishes served at my house. 

 photo IMG_0723.jpg


My simple dill sauce was made with some sour cream, dill weed, garlic powder, and some sea salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment