Sunday, September 17, 2017

Chicken Little / Cobb Grill

I did this cook yesterday on the Cobb Grill and my rotisserie setup and it came out great! 

 photo IMG_0739.jpg

This is half of a Cornish Game Hen with some mashed pots, garden tomato slices, and a piece of fried cornbread. 

 photo DSC00969.jpg

A simple honey brine of about 2-3 hours works great with the Cornish Hens. 

 photo IMG_0726.jpg

I washed and dried these birds off and applied a good chicken rub and then mounted them into my rotisserie setup. 

 photo IMG_0728.jpg

Was a nice cool morning and I got started about daybreak with 20 hardwood briquets in a small Weber chimney. 

 photo IMG_0729.jpg

I used the larger charcoal basket that comes with the Cobb BBQ Kit and loaded my 20 briquets and then placed a couple of chunks of hickory on top  for my smoke wood. 

 photo IMG_0730.jpg

Had a fairly heavy smoke for about 35 minutes and this will be sufficient for my small chickens. Don’t care for much smoke on poultry. 

 photo IMG_0736.jpg

About done and ready to come off of the Cobb. 

 photo IMG_0737.jpg

I cut the Cornish hens in half for serving.

 photo IMG_0741.jpg


Sure made a fine lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment